Suffering with eczema or excessive dry skin can have a real knock on effect. It can impact on how you dress, what you eat, what activities you engage in and what creams to use. It can also be very confusing as to what to buy as there are so many products on the market right now.
More and more people are being tormented with itchy and cracked skin. It is important if you haven’t already done so to find out what triggers your ‘flare ups’ ie, weather conditions, potential food allergies, dust etc… Once you know your triggers, you can control your symptoms better by reducing them or avoiding them completely.
In the first instance, using a good soap bar every morning will wash away any impurities and dirt from the skin. Our soap bar is enriched with oats and calendula. Oats contain vitamins, protein and enzymes to alleviate symptoms including redness and itchiness and offer skin an emollient to nourish, rebuild and repair skin. Streoids can cause skin pigmentation if not used as instructed.
We would prefer to avoid steriods and use simple ingredients with a big impact on the skin.
Using unrefined shea butter from Ghana as the main base of this soap bar, shea butter provides anti-aging properties, reduces skin inflamation, relieves dry skin, acne and skin peeling. It has been used for many years to heal damaged skin.
Note: Would be advised to use two times a day - morning and night.
Oatmeal Soap Bar
- Using clean hands, hold your soap bar and work it into a nice lather using water warm water (overly hot water can dehydrate the skin)
- Rub your hands or soap bar in circular motions across your body and face
- Rinse of the lather and repeat again to remove any excess oil and dirt
- After washing, pat skin dry. (Avoid vigorous towelling as that can also damage the skin’s barrier
- Use a moisturisersing cream to continue to lock in moisture and prevent skin from cracking.
- Butyrospermum Parkii (Unrefined Raw Shea Butter - Northern Ghana)
- Cocos nucifera (Orgnic Raw Coconut Oil)
- Helianthus annuus (Organic Sunflower Oil)
- Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba Seed Oil)
- Avena sativa (Organic Colloidal Oats)
- Calendula herbs - Infused
- Bentonite Clay